smsGuardian Debit Card Alerts
Start monitoring your Union Bank debit and ATM card usage today with smsGuardian alerts. smsGuardian gives debit and ATM card users the option to receive and respond to text alerts for card transactions that post to their Union Bank account1. Once enrolled, you will start receiving text message notifications to your cell phone or other sms text messaging devices when your Union Bank card transaction falls into one of the below categories:
Debit/ATM Card Transactions That Trigger Alerts
- Transactions over $50
- International transactions
- More than 5 transactions in a 24 hour period
- Card not present (internet) transactions
- Out of State transactions
- Declined authorizations
What To Do If You Receive an Alert For a Transaction You Didn't Authorize
If you receive a text alert for a transaction that you did not authorize, simply reply to the text message with the unique code that was included in the original notification. By replying to the text message the fraud process will be started. Your Union Bank card will be warm carded with all future purchases being stopped. A Union Bank customer service representative will contact you to order a new debit card and process any necessary paperwork for the fraudulent transaction.
How To Enroll
- 1. Visit the Union Bank smsGuardian enrollment page.
- 2. Enter your Union Bank debit or ATM card number.
- 3. For account verification purposes, enter the last four digits of the primary cardholders social security number and their postal code.
- 4. Review smsGuardian Terms and Conditions.
- 5. Enter the cell phone number that the alerts will be sent to and follow the steps to complete the verification process.
smsGuardian text alerts are tied to each unique Union Bank debit or ATM card number. If your debit or ATM card number changes, you will have to complete the above enrollment steps to continue to receive alert messages.
You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word "STOP" (without quotes) in a reply to a Guardian Alert. You my unsubscribe from this service entirely by going to the Union Bank smsGuardian website.
1Message and Data Rates May Apply. Union Bank has determined the types of transactions that will generate a smsGuardian text message. The cardholder will receive alerts sent to their cell phone or other text messaging device for their enrolled Union Bank card. The number of alerts received will be based on the cardholders usage. Cardholders will not receive more than one message per transaction on each enrolled card. To view smsGuardian Terms and Conditions please click here.