Union Bank Scholarship
Union Bank Scholarship
The April 1st deadline has passed and applications will no longer be accepted for the 2023 Union Bank Scholarship.
For over 23 years Union Bank has proudly offered a scholarship to highlight and celebrate graduating high school seniors who have continuously shown dedication not only to their education but also to their community. Union Bank believes in helping students, within its' service area, achieve their dreams of higher education. The Union Bank Scholarship is open to high school seniors who plan to attend a private or public college, university or trade school to further their skills and education in fields that make, build and grow for a living.
Union Bank will award various scholarships based on the number of qualified applications. Each scholarship, not to exceed $1,000, will be given to the candidate(s) who best demonstrates achievement and high standards in academics, character, leadership, citizenship and involvement in school and community activities.
Scholarship Criteria to Apply
- Student must be a senior in high school.
- Student must currently attend a high school within a county in which Union Bank maintains an office.
- Student must plan to attend a private or public college, university, or trade school. If the student has not yet been accepted into a college or university, they may still apply for the scholarship.
- Student must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4-point scale).
- Student must submit a copy of their high school transcript (grades 9-12) with the application.
- Student must demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, character, leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and/or community activities.
- Student must submit a 500-word essay. In 500 words or less, the student should discuss how they selected their intended field of interest or major. The applicant should share any experience they have in their intended field of interest (e.g., volunteer work, summer jobs, extracurricular activities, internships, etc.) and share what they gained from that experience. The essay should describe how the student’s college, university, or trade school education will contribute to their immediate or long-range career plan(s).
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation with the application, must not be from a family member.
- Children or immediate family members of Union Bank directors, officers, and employees are not eligible.
Guidelines to Receive Scholarship Funds
Scholarship funds will not be released until Union Bank receives proof of enrollment via a tuition statement for the upcoming academic year. The scholarship recipient is responsible for providing Union Bank a copy of their tuition statement in a timely manner, no later than December 1, 2023. Union Bank will mail the scholarship check directly to the college, university or trade school.
Tuition statements can be emailed to Union Bank at email@example.com.
The application deadline is April 1, 2023.
Submission and Selection
Applications must be submitted to Union Bank by April 1, 2023. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please send all applications via email to Union Bank | firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients of the scholarship will be announced on or before May 27, 2023.