Open a New Account
As Michigan’s #1 bank for hard-working people, we make it simple to open an account. Stop in and see us or complete the application below. We will contact you to set up a time to sign the necessary paperwork at one of our branches. During this meeting, your banker will ask you to:
- Sign the application
- Provide your initial deposit
- Provide a photo ID (in accordance with the USA Patriot Act)
Click on the link below and complete the simple steps on the form that will pop up:
- Select the account type.
- Select the branch location.
- Complete all information fields, including Social Security Number, driver's license, state ID or military ID to prove eligibility. Applicants must be 18 years or older and a legal United States resident.
- Select the services you would like to include with your account.
- Provide opening deposit information.
- Review your application and accept the terms and disclosures to submit.
- If you reside outside the United States, you must have either a US Social Security number or a Federal Identification Number and a valid US mailing address.
- All transactions with Union Bank must be in US dollars. Drafts from banks outside the US are accepted provided they are in US currency
Simply fill out this form to apply. If you are new to Union Bank, we will review a credit report and ChexSystems report to verify your identity. We're happy to answer any questions! Call us at 1-800-974-3273.