Business Overdraft Protection
In today’s busy world, it’s more important than ever to ensure the checks you write are paid with overdraft protection services. Union Bank offers three different programs to meet your needs.
Bounce Protection • Retail Customers Only
Avoid inconvenience and additional charges on returned checks with Bounce Protection. We will pay your check and charge an automatic $31 overdraft fee per occurrence. No enrollment required—this service is automatically provided to qualifying checking/savings accounts open at least 30 days and in good standing. If your account reaches these limits, any additional unpaid checks will be returned and charged a return check fee of $31 per item.
Bounce Protection limits vary by the checking/savings account product you are enrolled in:
- Universal Simple Checking: $300 Bounce limits
- Universal Value Checking: $500 Bounce limits
- Universal Premium Checking, 1-2-3 Rewards Checking and Superior Savings Money Market: $1,000
Sweep from Savings • Retail & Business Customers
Customers with Sweep from Savings in place will have funds automatically pulled from their savings account if the checking account is overdrawn. If you’re a current holder of a UB savings account or wish to open a new one, all you have to do is ask for your checking account to be directly tied to savings.
- Accounts may sweep up to six times in a statement cycle
- Transfers pull in increments of $50
- $5 fee for each sweep occurrence—far below a $31 overdraft fee
- Ensures checks are paid
ODP Line of Credit • Retail & Business Customers
An ODP line of credit is available for both UB’s retail and business customers, allowing for a checking account to be tied to a pre-approved line of credit.
- Credit lines as low as $500
- Advances from the line to your checking account in increments of $100
- Annual fee of $25; no fee per occurrence
- Monthly statements for any outstanding balance on the line of credit based on current interest rates
- Minimum monthly payment is $25
- Additional fee of $15 if payments are not made on a timely basis
- Customers must meet all credit standards to be approved for a line of credit
*Note: If your account is enrolled for Sweep and/or a Line of Credit, the Bounce Protection program will only be used as the last resort. Sweep will always be used in full before the Line of Credit is drawn from.
If you’re interested in or need help with any of these services, please call or stop by your favorite Union Bank branch today or fill out our Contact Form.