Personal Overdraft Protection
Bounce Protection • For Retail Customers Only
Avoid inconvenience and additional charges on returned checks with Bounce Protection. We will pay your check and charge an automatic $31 overdraft fee, per occurrence. No enrollment required—this service is automatically provided to checking accounts open at least 30 days and in good standing.
Bounce Protection limits vary by the checking account product you are enrolled in:
- Bonus and Advantage Checking: $500 Bounce limits
- Simple and Flexible Checking: $300 Bounce limits
- If your account reaches these limits, any additional unpaid checks will be returned and charged the overdraft fee.
Sweep from Savings • For Retail & Business Customers
With Sweep from Savings, funds will automatically pull from savings if your checking account is overdrawn. If you’re a current UB savings account holder or wish to open a new account, simply ask for your checking account to be directly tied to savings.
- Accounts may sweep up to six times in a statement cycle
- Transfers pull in increments of $50
- $5 fee for each sweep occurrence—far below a $31 overdraft fee
- Ensures checks are paid
ODP Line of Credit • For Retail & Business Customers
An ODP line of credit ties a checking account to a pre-approved line of credit. Available for both UB’s retail and business customers.
- Credit lines as low as $500
- Advances from the line to your checking account in increments of $100
- Annual fee of $25; no fee per occurrence
- Monthly statements for any outstanding balance on the line of credit based on current interest rates
- Minimum monthly payment is $25
- Additional fee of $15 if payments are not made on a timely basis
- Customers must meet all credit standards to be approved for a line of credit
*Note: If your account is enrolled for Sweep and/or a Line of Credit, the Bounce Protection program will only be used as the last resort. Sweep will always be used in full before the Line of Credit is drawn upon.
If you’re interested in or need help with any of these services, please call or stop by your favorite Union Bank branch today, or fill out our Contact Form.